Re: [IP] GI Diet (was: No Mashed Potatoes???)

In a message dated 2/24/2002 6:38:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Yes I see what you mean, i guess the second meal plan would work better at
> keeping sugar levels even over time ..  Are good results achieved through
> your diet and management?

Gabe is fully diabetic since age 9; he is 12.5; last HBA1C were 6, 6.2
(illness), 5.9 and 5.8 (two weeks ago).  He takes 3-5 shots of Ultralente
(mixed with Humalog if the timing of the Ultralente is at mealtime) and
Humalog for meals.  He doesn't snack, except very, very low carb items or if
b.g. is very low or if he injects.

We tried the pump this week and it was a disaster; 7 sets in less than 7 days.
I am not sure if we will continue to try it; I have to think about it.

The pump is a sort of freedom from shots and more b.g. checks.

The shots are less pleasant and less flexible, but less dangerous and less
b.g checks.  Without the pump today, Gabe was able to be gone all day without
worry.  His only equipment was glucose tabs.

I am still processing and pondering whether to proceed with the pump.  His
Paradigm should be here this week.