[IP] Pump Support - Feb. 28 - Boca Raton, Florida

THE DIABETES RESEARCH INSTITUTE

            University of Miami Medical School
                Invites you to the
 INSULIN PUMP SUPPORT GROUPb&
FOR PUMPERS AND WOULD-BE PUMPERS AND THEIR FAMILIES

Time: February 28, 2002, Thursday
Place: Whitehall Nursing Home
    Boca Raton

The first meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m.for parents of children with
diabetes. Please feel free to join us if this interests you. Please can bring
support, ideas, reasonable expectation guidelines, individuality, and
remembering and "forgiving" yourselves and your families from issues from
your past. Kindness and compassion to others and ourselves is a basic human
responsibility and need that is healing to the giver and receiver.

Our regular meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. Procrastination solved? Or shelved?
We shall follow up on barriers and facilitators on starting and maintaining
improvement in your livesb&and particularly the "diabetes project."

Dr. Erika Brady, clinical psychologist at the University of Miami studied 50
people with diabetes and showed there was a "direct connection between a
positive attitude and better  physical health. Those with a negative outlook
had more disease complications." We can keep on working on our optimism and
hope with specific ways skills in learning to think differently.

Look forward to seeing you at the meeting!(s)b& Dr. Wendy Satin Rapaport,
clinical psychologist, facilitates the group and you can reach her at
561-4778595 if you have any questions.