Re: [IP] Highs after site change

On 24 Feb 2002 at 14:42, William Eddie Hollyfield wrote:

> Hey,
> Thank you for your observations and good thinking. The color of blood may be
> in the liquid. Just from basic thinking to resolve the volume of each liquid
> one may have to introduce a time of mixing and a time of exit of two or more
> soluble liquids. One fact stands out is the clear homogenous liquid, likely to
> be insulin. From that volume and 40 units of insulin/ BS unit I calculate the
> correction. This result works for me. Thanks for your comments.

So, if  the liquid is "bloody", one must factor in the time that an insulin would have to mix with a flow of blood from an, as of then unmeasured, aperture.  Going with certain
flow rate measured as the "exit" flow, one is then to calculate the proportion of insulin which exits as compared to the amount of blood which exited.  And you would have to
factor in the clotting time and how that would be impeded by the insulin flow. Seems that there can be a rather large number of "factors."

However, if the "flow" is not blood tainted, you state that "the clear homogenous liquid" is likely to be insulin.  If it is "homogenous", that is a given.  But how will you
"measure" homogenousness?  The measurement of the pharmacological activity of an insulin or insulin analog compound is a daunting task even for the manufaturers of
those products.

> We still that know that 1 to 2 hrs is correct for the "leave in" the leave in"
> thnique maybe it should be 3 hrs-how is this time justifed,
> Between Sam and George this has been a very good interactions.They are several
> good PhD thesis in this area. Thanks Eddie

Well, no Phd here, nor a MS or even much BS.   But I do leave my set in 3-5 hours and last night it was close to 8 hours.   That is what seems like an easy solution to me.
 No multiple factors to introduce into a calculation on a 'guestimated' volume.  It isn't rocket science after all.         ;>)

George Lovelace, ML
(Master of Living with this 'bloody' disease for 38 years)