[IP] D child in the preschool classroom

I sympathize with you totally regarding getting your child into the preschool
classroom. We have state funded Headstart preschool programs here in Michigan
and I know they cannot discriminate and usually invite children with
disabilities. I know locally there was a child with diabetes in the Headstart
program, the teacher's were educated on how to keep an eye on the child, check
her blood sugar, report to the mother, take action. Sometimes teachers can
become fearful to the point of being ignorant-once educated, they do all
I have been receiving information regarding political issues for children in
school through www.connectforkids.com and general parenting information from
www.ivillage.com They are some good resources. Best wishes Sharon B.