[IP] Mashed potatoes/potatoes from crock pot

I don't experience any high blood sugar from mashed potatoes but my issue is
potatoes from the crock pot. For those who don't know, a crock pot cooks food
like a pot roast, potatoes and carrots for 8-10 hours while I am gone to work.
Supper is ready when I am home. I have been noticing that I suffer lows after
eating my (portion) crock pot meal. If I bake the same thing in the oven for
an hour and a half-I usually don't have the low blood sugar problem. Do you
think perhaps some nutrients, like carbs, lose their value after getting
boiled too long? Just curious.
Knowing that my blood sugar drops after a crock pot meal like this, I just
don't take as much insulin and that seems to help.