Re: [IP] Type II and RD's

You seem to not realize that many patients (since most DMers are Type II,
that is the biggest population that we see), want 'detail.'  All too
frequently we are told 'Can't you just write me out a month of menus?'  The
answer is 'No!'  We can't be responsible for their disease.  And often the do
not want more than the basics.  The ones' that want more get the whole show.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
2002 ADA 'Call to Congress: Conquer Diabetes' Participant (May 1-3, 2002)
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications and waiting for them to happen." - -
- Mary Tyler Moore
Please pray for my oldest friend, Sandi Pompili, as she battles Leukemia and
prepares for a Bone Marrow Transplant on March 5, 2002.