Re: [IP] Re: Age When Diagnosed?

On 24 Feb 2002 at 2:16, email @ redacted wrote:

>        Although another person mentioned that this list leads them
> to believe it is not uncommon to be diagnosed Type I in 20s and older, it
> really is. It's just the concentration of diabetics on this list that makes it
> seem more common. Deanna dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/10/02

There is a slight up-trend in the chart showing age at diagnosis in the mid twenties.  There are reports of diagnosis all the way into 60 years of age.  I don't believe that the
"concentration of diabetics on this list" is a factor.  Who else but diabetics would you poll?  There are 797 respondents to this question.  Are your dates/numbers included
in this chart?       :>)