From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Help with sites

> The quickset is in the upper buttocks/hip area; it is definitely going in
right because it works 30-48 hours if we are lucky.

> Gabe is thin and they tell me that with thin kids a slight pump or push
will make the small cannula in the quickset hit a capilliary and then the
blood blocks the infusion.

> I don't know who to believe.  The CDE is not on call on weekends and
doesn't make home visits.  She makes it sound like we are the only ones
having trouble.

> Do you put quicksets in the abdomen?  I am thinking of trying that, but
Gabe is really thin and the CDE was crazy about putting the site there.