Re: [IP] Glucagon Kit/Insurance Woes

email @ redacted wrote:
Now I have Oxford and Iive in NJ...Oxford is refusing to cover my infusion
sets, my batteries, and my IV preps.  I have also not received a supply of
which I sent a script out for in November.  I have to keep going to the
pharmacy to get insulin where they tell me the insurance company has denied
coverage because it is too soon.  I end up paying for my insulin out of
pocket.  Then when I put in a claim they tell me it was too soon so Oxford
won't reimburse me....I wrote a letter to Governor McGreevey but I haven't
heard anything.
Michael advised:
"You need to contact your state representative as well as the insurance
commissioners office. You must also file written appeals with the insurance
company. If you do not do these things, they win. that is their strategy."
Suggest following Michael's advice, particularly contacting insurance
commissioner and you state local legislator.  Make sure you do a cc of your
letter to the insurance commissioner to the insurance company and
legislator.  Perhaps you might check out this site if you haven't already:
Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)