Re: [IP] help with sites

Hi Marion,

I don't know if it is you or a child who is pumping, but I will share with you
something we learned with Erica our daughter.  This may be wayout in left
field, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Erica cannot do a site change after a long hot bath, or a soak in a hot tub.
Well, not in her butt anyway.   Her skin gets quite red and she becomes vasal
(sp?) dilated and once the introducer needle is removed the cannula fills up
with blood, like a straw, right to the top!  We found this out when she was on
the sils, but at least with them you could see the cannula fill up.  It was
amazing to see.

Erica uses the Quickset now with much success, but there were times in the
beginning when we wanted to crush the inserter.  Kinks are now worked out
though and she is self sufficient.  She is 13.  The only beef I now have with
the Quickset is the inability to see the cannula and point of insertion. That
took getting used to.

good luck

Barb Chafe
Insulin Pumpers Nova Scotia