Re: [IP] Help with sites

The quickset is in the upper buttocks/hip area; it is definitely going in right because it works 30-48 hours if we are lucky.

Gabe is thin and they tell me that with thin kids a slight pump or push will make the small cannula in the quickset hit a capilliary and then the blood blocks the infusion.

I don't know who to believe.  The CDE is not on call on weekends and doesn't make home visits.  She makes it sound like we are the only ones having trouble.

Do you put quicksets in the abdomen?  I am thinking of trying that, but Gabe is really thin and the CDE was crazy about putting the site there.