[IP] washing hands before testing

I've read posts here before about whether or not it's important for us to
wash our hands before bg testing.  I was never really sure and had never
bothered to see if it really did matter until today.  While I was doing my
own blood test this morning, my 7 yr old daughter asked to have hers tested
too.  I didn't want to miss that opportunity since it never happens that way.
 I usually have to beg my kids to let me stick em :-)  Anyway, we did the
test and it read 202.  Nearly scared the pants off me!  Then I remembered
that she had been making pb&js for her brothers earlier and I asked her to
wash her hands and let me do it again.  I have never prayed so hard in my
life as I did when we were waiting for the meter to display her reading.
This time it was 99.  Whew!  I will definitely be washing my hands before
testing from now on.  Before today it seemed like such a pain.....you know,
wasting time, making my hands dry, etc.  Now I see what a difference it can

Sharon J