Re: [IP] Glucagon Kit

> "I consider myself a fairly intelligent person(MBA) but trying to
> figure out what they are paying and what the hospital is charging
> and getting the two to agree can be near impossible. YMMV (but I bet
> not by much)"
> I'm not the ONLY one....
Many times the hospital flat out lies about what is charged and paid.
The form of the lie is usually and itemized bill and later an
insurance adjustment for each item. What really happens in many cases
is that the hospital receives a captitated rate (flat payment per
day) without regard to what is used by the patient.