Re: [IP] gallbladder surgery

> them glucose IVs and keep checking their blood sugar and then give
> them regular insulin in their IV to counteract the glucose. We had
> to explain to him that with a pump the glucose IV was not needed and
> not to give regular insulin because she was on Humalog and had no
> long term insulin on board to make her go low without eating.

glucose IV is normal during surgery and it does not matter that she
is diabetic. The insulin in the IV is all used within about 15
minutes, it is does not behave the same as when it is given
sub-cu. His standard procedure sounds fine and does not sound like it
would interfere with Eve's bg control nor should her pump interfere
in the Anes.... control of Eve's bg's

> We
> also told him that she has a remote dosing system on her pump and if
> she needed insulin I would give it to her in the recovery room.

see above about sub-cu vs IV insulin.