Re: [IP] Glucagon Kit

> --- The insurance
> > industry just wants us to
> > force them to obey the law.  Those of us who do not
> > go to the trouble means
> > extra dollars for them.
> >
> This is definitely the truth of the matter. Some where
> I read that the insurance companies lose 1 out of 3
> claims. Figuring people don't have the time, the
> ability or want the hassle of dealing with them to
> clear up the problems. I myself have left things go
> only to get a letter from a collection agency(bill
> passed on from the hospital) and of course I pay.

DON'T pay. The credit rating industry also knows that most of these
claims are bogus and will not list them on your credit report as late
if they are eventually paid. Your response should be in writing and
to the hospital/medical group with a copy to the collection agency to
not contact you again. Tell the billing entity that since they are
under contract with the insurance co. that they should get the paper
work right so the claim can be paid and that you have no intention of
paying ANYTHING until the do so. I have a LOT of experience with
this. One of my boys had over $600,000 in medical bills in the first
5 years of his life. A great many of these were denied by insurance.
We did not pay and insisted that the hospital straighten it out. I
have some file folders over 6 inches thick with correspondence ---
SAVE EVERYTHING..   It's fun when they contact you after 6 months of
silence and say "why haven't you paid" and you can say with a
straight face.... you haven't answered my letter. Of course, each
time you copy them with 5 pounds of paper which will NEVER be read.
This almost guarantees that a disputed claim will never have to be
paid. The collection agency will not follow up if their client has
not responded to your correspondence and the billing entity will not
follow up because they don't want to have to dig through all the
correspondence -- you are off the hook with no co-pay.

email @ redacted