Re: [IP] Age When Diagnosed?

          Hi All......I was 26 years old when I lost 43 pounds in only a few
months, (191 to 148).  I work construction as an Electrician, and was so
tired from being up all night going to the bathroon, that I could hardly
climb a 6' ladder.  Finally was diagnosed Type 1 after drinking lemonade on a
very hot day, and almost passing out. So from what I read on the list, being
diagnosed in your 20's is not uncommon at all.

          Thanks,

          Vance D. Scarsella (Grub)
          Diagnosed June, 1979  (prolly had it long before then)
          Pumping silly (Clemenza)  5-9-01