RE: [IP] potassium intake ?

> Jan and others trying not to eat high potassium....
> A friend of mine whose hubby was on dialysis told me that if you keep
> soaking your potatoes (after peeling them) and disgarding the water and
> resoaking them several times, you remove a lot of the potassium from the
> potatoes....

Yeah - and they have to be sliced and it has to be done a day ahead of time.
I don't usually know I'm having potatoes until preparing a meal. When I'm
alone (hugsy trucking or traveling) I don't usually prepare a meal like that
for me. When I met my hugsband, I always ate the skin of baked potatoes - he
didn't. Now he does and I don't. ;)

> Jan. are you on dialysis yet?  Are you a candidate for a tx???

No dialysis yet, my last test was 18% (up from 15.7%). It's hovering. I
still haven't completed all the testing to get listed. I keep floating on
the river in Egypt (denial). It's that family-doesn't-give-two-hoots thingy
and don't know who would take care of me in recovery. Hugsband has to work.

After studying the body you got to come to the conclusion all of this was
designed by a superb engineer with super intelligence. ~ Dr. Bender (spot)