RE: [IP] MMWR Article

Jennifer Harkleroad [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> They didn't differentiate between T1 and T2.  Also, the women
> with low SES and low education levels (yes, this is a
> stereotype, but it can be a factor)typically are not the ones
> you see out exercising and watching diets carefully, hence a
> higher incidence of T2 D(I would imagine).  I will probably
> be crucified for this opinion(and it is just that...an
> opinion based on observations).

First of all, I think you are making observations (and a reasonable
assumption), not giving an opinion.

These are exactly the things that gives it public health interest. How do we
(public health professionals) reach lower SES women - particularly high
school dropouts - to get them to watch their weight and get them to

A couple of other observations about this report: it's self reported
(answering "yes" to the survey question); it does not include gestational

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR