RE: [IP] Age When Diagnosed?

I was diagnosed at age 4, but my dad at age 40.

Type 1 is an immune system triggered disease...I believe.  Someone with more
medical experience can probably go into more detail.  Most people who are
predisposed to diabetes through genes, etc. usually experience a trigger in
their youth, and that is why it is more common to be diagnosed under age 20.
Many children who are diagnosed, are after a bad cold, chicken pox, etc.  In
my case a skin infection.

Please correctly if I have misunderstood anything list.  I know you will.

- Sherry