RE: [IP] High - DKA

My CDE explained it to me that you can have very high bg, but as long as there is some available insulin, you will not go into DKA.  I have been in DKA and lactic acidosis all at the same time...Dr. said I would have been dead in an hour if I hadn't gotten to the ER.  I was stubborn and said I would get better.  Mom forced me to go...anyway, I was way out of control, and then got a virus, and that did it...