[IP] High - DKA

> Thanks for responding to me! Why is it do you think that even though
> we get that high we don't go into DKA? There really are no patterns
> to my sugars.

DKA requires three elements

high bg's
presence of ketones (by-product of fat metabolism)

If all was normal prior to the high, it is unlikely that all three
conditions would occur without considerable time elapsing. This can,
however, happen quickly if you are already dehydrated or have not
eaten due to illness, stress, heat prostration, etc.....