[IP] Re: High BG and vision

Jocelyn wrote:

Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:17:15 -0500
From: Jocelyn Robinson <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Vision & BG

My son has worn glasses since 1st grade.  It was the
summer after 4th
grade that he was dx w/D.  When we look back now, the
vision changes
were there, but we just thought he needed a stronger
prescription.  By
time he was dx I cannot believe he could see well at
all.  The most
amazing thing was on the 2nd morning in the hospital
he woke up, looked out
the door of his room, across the hall, into the
opposite room and could
see the TV.  For about 2 weeks he didn't need glasses
at all!  He was a
little bummed when his vision returned to his "normal"
and he was back
in glasses - now contact.

Jocelyn, Brian's mom

* * * * * ***************************************** *

Hi Jocelyn - The reason you can't see is that high
blood sugars cause edema (swelling) of the tissues -
it doesn't take much for the tissues in the eye to
swell and distort the vision.  In fact, before I was
diagnosed I made an appointment with the eye doctor,
because I thought I needed new glasses!!!  As soon as
the sugars come down, the edema goes away and !Voila!
you can see again!!
Pat (pumped!!!)

Do You Yahoo!?