Re: [IP] frustrated, horrible, inconsistant numbers

In a message dated 2/21/2002 6:20:20 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  It is frustrating me no end.  Any suggestions?  I feel like I am at
>  square one.  And how often do most people change basal rates?  Feels like
>  I am finally getting decent numbers for a week or two, they go bad again,
>  and I have to modify AGAIN.

I'm assuming that you're fighting with highs, not lows . . . Since you're
watching your carb counting so carefully and managing to get good numbers for
periods of time, I'd guess either puberty (though 11 is probably young for a
boy) or, more likely, a growth spurt.  What you're reporting sounds an awful
lot like what my daughter was doing in September -- which we later found out
was do to growth (height, not weight) . . . hang in there!  If that's what it
is, things will level off soon (well, at least for a little while <g!>)

Pumpmama to Katie