Re: [IP] Advise requested

In a message dated 2/20/2002 7:42:49 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> This time Gabe felt that he had tugged a little too much and kept telling
>   I checked and there was indeed blood in the cannula.
>  How often does this happen and any idea why?

Gabe was (un)lucky enough to place the site near a (small) blood vessel.  If
it accidentally gets placed near one that's a little bigger, when you remove
the set, blood will keep oozing out of the hole for quite a while (commonly
called a "gusher").  Neither of these generally occur very often.  Not
dangerous, but inconvenient and can be scary and can be sore afterwards . . .
In 9 months of pumping (using Quick-Sets), Katie's never had blood in the
cannula or a gusher.  Maybe Michael could do a survey on this one . . .

Pumpmama to Katie