CGMS is the continuous glucose monitoring system.  It is a monitor that you
wear for approximately 72 hours and it takes a BG reading every 10 seconds.

There is still BG monitoring on your part, and you have to tell the monitor
"events" and also what your BG reading is.  It is a little more involved than
I was originally told, but I will be anxious to know what the results are.

I return it to my endo's office tomorrow afternoon and not sure when I will
have the results.  I guess it helps the endo to adjust basal rates and

I have been on the 508 for almost a year now and I still find that my sugars
are whacked out.....not sure why, but hopefully this will help to get tighter