Re: [IP] Movies/OT

Thanks Kerri, the article was interesting, and
bizarre. I had never heard of the insulin
experimentation but it's not surprising really
considering the lobotomies and blood-letting they did.
Thankfully this is still not the case and psychiatry
has progressed somewhat!
The State Mental Hospitals were notorious for
performing a multitude of dangerous and unethical
experiments on these defenseless patients who often
had no family to advocate for them. Very sad.

--- maverickmom <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Apparently insulin used to be used for schizophrenia
> (among
> other things), which is what John Nash? (Russell
> Crowe's
> character)  in A Beautiful Mind had.:

Do You Yahoo!?