Re: [IP] spreadsheet

> I see what you're saying. But is this really any different
> than with MDI? I mean, if Joe Blow was told by his CDE that
> his C/I ratio is 1:15 and he uses a calculator to figure out
> that when he eats that muffin he needs 5u, and takes the
> insulin via syringe, who's fault is it if he goes low while
> driving (and...btw, did he check his bg before getting into
> the car)? Still lots of possibilities for finger pointing,
> no? ;)

Under the present tort system in the US, if the CDE made a mistake
then he/she would most likely be held responsible.

> Can't they just put a disclaimer on it?  :)

That is what is open for argument. Most vendors would probably avoid
the potential liability because their insurance companies would
demand and incredibly high premium for their business insurance.

That is the real world. It is the $$ issue for the insurance premium.