RE: [IP] Poll: Diabetics Misjudge Disease

The ignorance and denial is unbelievable. I have a friend at work who is "t2".  Her glucophage is at a max dose;  she checks her bg once or twice a day.  She is on 4 types of BP meds.  Her meter batteries died nearly a week ago.  She didn't bother to buy new ones til yesterday.  She started this morning checking her bg.  205---then she came to me at lunch and said she was at 370. I told her I thought she knew what she was going to have to do--insulin.  She has a dr. appt. tomorrow, but is scared to go because she knows what he will say.  She is 62, normal weight, etc.   Before she checked at 370, she had a glass of oj.  I told her my nutritionist said that avoiding juice was important.  She doesn't accept that she is really damaging her body by doing this. It's very frustrating, but I know that she has to decide for herself...Thanks for listening to me vent my frustration.