Re: [IP] Poll: Diabetics Misjudge Disease

     Add me to the ranks of those of us who are so well-informed, and  are
stunned to know how ILL-informed the general populace is. My older brother
just told me he had an A1C because his blood sugar has been rising. My
parents both have type 2, as do/did many of our ancestors & relatives. He's
very overweight, eats on the run, etc....but what amazed me was how
completely ignorant of nutrition, etc. he is, especially considering my
diabetes advocacy & the fact that his niece has had type 1 for 9 1/2 years.
Color me naive.....if my own family doesn't "get it", how can I expect others
to understand this enigmatic condition??? Sigh.........
Renee (Melissa's pump mom..still here in cyber space, just not as vocal)