Re: [IP] Question on Supplemental Life Insurance

Sherry, I went through the same thing with my wife's employer. I even had my endocrinologist write a letter stating that my A1c's were all below 6.0 and we included the summary of the DCCT results, yada yada yada. It all boiled down to a statistical analysis of diabetics that insurance companies use, and we are, as a group, at greater risk, so they deny us as a group. Doesn't seem fair, but i guess we just need to help our fellow diabetics take good control of themselves so that we can buck this 'diabetics are inherently unhealthy' stigma. However, we also found out that had we not requested more coverage than a certain amount, then we would not have had to fill out med. eval. forms and we could have gotten a minimal amount of coverage. They don't tell you that up front, and now that they know i have diabetes, they continue to deny coverage.
Any plaintiffs attorneys on this list? :)
stay healthy