[IP] Re: tired, tired, tired

Hi Sherry,
     Hang in there, you aren't alone.  Sherry, I'm not DM, so I know its even
harder for you, but I know what its like with babies that wake up all the
time.  Somehow you just get through it, but it is so difficult getting
through a work day.  My first son woke up 1-3 times every night until he was
2.   Once didn't bother me at all, but on the 3 times waking nights it was
hard to be a competent professional the next day.
     I left work when pregnant with my second, but what I learned from the
first baby was that it was much better to have the baby sleep with you than
get up 3 or more times every night.  So that's what I did with number 2,
right from the time he was born.  He is a natural cuddler and wasn't a
squirmer, so it was easy.  We both slept much better as a result.  So perhaps
if you go back to your "crowded" sleeping arrangements everyone will be
happier.  This is a personal decision, but you should know that it is the
norm in most of the world for babies to sleep with their parents--sleeping
alone is a relatively new idea, mainly confined to north america and parts of
     When you are tired you are going to be grumpier with your kids, I think
that is true of all of us.  Don't feel bad about it, you are doing your best.
 I just apologize to my kids and tell them Mummy loves them, its just that
I'm tired, so am grumpy.  I think its good to let kids see adults apologize
and let them know we aren't perfect.  Just give the little guy extra cuddles,
he will forgive you!
     I take extra B vitamins from time to time and think that these help me
combat fatigue.  "Stress Tabs" -- these are so huge, however, I find them
hard to swallow.
     Good luck.  You may find a bit more energy with the springtime sun.
Barbara (Mum of Claire 7), who is also feeling very tired