[IP] Helping Cheri

Hi Cheri,

As a mom and a daughter I have felt both sides of your stress right now.  I know that one of my greatest joys is seeing my diabetic son take all the strength that I have tried to give him and watch him become the independent young man that he is today.  As a daughter I have watched my parents age and become dependent on me.  It is very difficult for them to need me so much and it is a touchy subject at times to know when to "help" and when to back off. I just bet your mom may feel reassured that you are living your life independently.  That may be the greatest gift you can give to her right now.  I guess the best thing to know is that you have choices- you can leave school if you really need to but see how your mom feels about that.  It may not be what she needs right now. Please take the advice of others and seek  counseling.  You will be no help to your mom if your are sick. It is difficult when the roles are reversed in the parent/child relationship.  You of course know y!
our mom the best but know that your mom needs you strong and healthy.  Take care and know that you are in many of our thoughts and prayers.