[IP] Re: suspending when low

<<From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted> responded to the original message:
> oh...thought it was about whether one should suspend or not......guess I
> should have had Mary answer as she did the suspendiing.......I still say
>it is individual and should be determined by D team.....JMO

.....Therefore, I'm to *presume* that MiniMed does not recommend suspending in
a low and Animas does. I don't know about Disetronic nor Dana. ;) YMMV >>

By the way, John Walsh & Ruth Roberts do not recommend suspending either in
"Pumping Insulin" - pg. 36, Humalog key points box & pg. 80, top paragraph.
Insulin delivery in a basal is not affecting NOW - it's affecting 1.5-2 hours
from now.  So stopping insulin NOW can cause you to have too little insulin
later, probably making you high.  Certainly these decisions need to be made
with the health care team, but as we all know, we are the activists for our
health & our kids' health - being armed with information is important too.

Do You Yahoo!?