Re: [IP] Re: Gabe--UL to pump/missing shots

In a message dated 2/18/2002 9:47:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Marion,
> 1. I switched from UL/Humalog to pump too. Ultralente hangs around a long
> time, maybe 48 hours! His basals will probably end up closer to what they
> were: I used about 23 units UL daily and now use about 18-19u basal daily.

They cut his basals in have.  He uses 24 UL and they had him on about 12.4
per day.  That seems like a large cut, but the site failed before we could
test anything.  It was hell getting him off the last dose of UL and hell
getting him back on when the pump failed....he didn't mind much, but I was up
all night.

> 2. he misses shots...yeah, you get so used to them it's funny when they're
> gone, though not for long. But if he's used to you giving them...now you
> can
> give him a quick hug instead!

Good idea.

> 3. best of luck to you both! it's a big step!!

Thank you; we need luck and some skilled training...waiting for the CDE to
call me back.