[IP] precision xtra meter

Seeing as there is discussion going on this topic, does anyone use the
Precision Xtra meter which checks for ketones in the blood?  I was given
meter for free by the company, but haven't used it yet.  The ketone strips
are expensive and when I checked at the pharmacy they had an extremely short

expiry date, so I didn't get them.  However, maybe he just had very old
and I will check again after I get a Rx written up for them, so that they
will be covered by insurance.  Can anyone give them a good positive
recommendation?  Thanks

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7
meters, one is this precision xtra. I like it because it warns oif ketones
long before they appear in the urine. The strips and ketone strips are both
covered by my insurance: PA Bluecross & Medicare. I don't have the light up
meter but would like it for testing at night. The strips use a different
chemistry than the fast take and are more immune to returning inaccurate
readings in the presence of Ascorbic Acud, Vitamin C. My one caution is if you
have a tremor it makes it difficult to get your blood drop on the target pad.
the ketone test strips have a short life, its not a shelving issue. spot