Re:Re: [IP] Re: Gabe's failed site

Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Gabe's failed site
Marion wrote:
"Freedom from syringes=slavery to the meter."

We're so happy that Gabe can do so well on MDI.
 Hubby wants you to know that he's actually been able to decrease the number
of glucose checks a day he does since with the pump he's not trying to find
that period of time daily when he could skyrocket to 400 or + then plummet
to 50 or- within a few hours without explanation.  Also, his basals are now
great, his carb/insulin ratio is very steady at this point; and, for him,
there's less problem with possible DKA.  He is now doing a basic 7 checks a
day (pre-meals, 2 hr PP's, hs, with occasional 2 or 3 am's thrown in as
indicated or if doing basal testing), will times throw in another 1 or 2
just to keep track. Before pumping, he was doing 12+ a day.  He says he
really enjoys not having all those tests and "shots" every day.
Guess Gabe's experience and Hubby's are why they say, "YMMV".  Oh, BTW,
Hubby did a trial with saline before using the "real stuff" in "Ace, the
PP", and even with that, the first couple weeks were a bit rocky.  However,
Hubby now says, "No way!!" when asked about going back on MDI.
We're hoping Gabe can continue to do so well on MDI.

Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)