Re: [IP] Family Friend's 6 yr Old Boy Newly Diagnosed with IDDM-----Dr says ...

email @ redacted writes:

> The next issue, is that the family asked their Dr about the pump, and he
> told
> them "it is not an option."

My Dr (for 16 yrs) always told me "that I wasn't a candidate for the pump"
and I believed him.
A few years ago, I had to switch Drs. and the first thing he says when he
walks into the room is " You should go on the pump".  Seeing that I had just
met this guy, I was extemely leary of going on the pump.

Last year, I changed Drs again, and this endo asked if I had thought about
the pump, and didn't push me at all, and left the decision up to me.

I just started the pump 2 wks ago, and I am glad I finally did.

I would suggest this family find another Dr who is willing to work with them
on the pump and specifically ask this Dr why their son shouldn't go on the