Re: [IP] Re: suspending when low

Lauren wrote,
>>>Does anyone know if you're supposed to suspend when you realize you're
having a low?>>>

I responded with,
> *My* advice is to NOT do anything to the pump.
> Treating the low with fast carbs is what is necessary.

Beverly replied,
>I think it depends on the situation....we have been told several times to
suspend my daughter's pump when she was dropping like a rock....I think this
is a decision as individual as diabetes and for one's D team to help with
decision.....she is on novolog and although it lasts in her system they
don't want her adding anymore to it when she is dropping and, yes, she is
treated with carbs........>

And I respond to the above with...
But, if you'll reread the original post it is in the first person, not
asking about someone else treating another. There is quite a diff. in brain
function when it is the DMer or the caretaker. YMMV (~_^)