Re: [IP] Whats in a Commerial Medicine Label: like ADVIL?

In a message dated 2/14/2002 9:05:21 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Are you sure about that? My impression is that there is not a consensus in
> the medical reserach about this. My current endo (and a slew of previous
> doctors) told me not to take ibuprofen except for the occasional ache.
> Ditto
> for Naproxen.

Did they tell you why??? My son had a reaction to Ibuprofen and we found his
diabetes the next day. We tended to think the dm was brought on by the
allergic reaction or the steroids they gave him for swelling. My 16 year old
daughter is having elevated sugars now in the 150 range and still takes
ibuprofen. She is not allergic to it. Any info would be appreciated. There is
not a warning on the bottle for diabetics either. Thanks, Trena(mom to Jake