Re: [IP] Pump is out

In a message dated 2/16/2002 6:56:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Couldn't part of his BS being so high is that his liver has kicked in and
> put
> out glucose to try and compensate for all those lows?????

The lows were corrected by 9 a.m. (112) when the final Ultralente shot was
finished.  He was great 2 hours and 4 hours after breakfast and 2 hours and 4
hours after lunch.  At 5 hours after lunch there was 100 point rise.  1.2
units did nothing; 2 more units did nothing and he continued to rise to 246.
At that point it had to be the set.  I gave 2 units by syringe in the abdomen
and he was 167 in 45 minutes which tells you it wasn't missing basal or
coritsol from earlier hypos but NO INSULIN DELIVERY from the pump.