[IP] Family Friend's 6 yr Old Boy Newly Diagnosed with IDDM-----Dr says "pump not an option"

Hello.  I have not been keeping up with the site because I have been doing so
well with my pump!!!  Anyways, when I was Dxed 15 years ago at the age of 15,
I remember a classmate's mother who had D came and visited me in the hospital.
I didn't think too much about it at the time, but I realize now it was
important to me.  I feel now that it is my turn to return the favor because a
family friend's little boy was just Dxed.  Because of the "shock" everyone in
the family is feeling right now, I am going to send an email explaining some
basics.  I thought that you guys might have some good ideas as to what to
include.  Here's what I've been thinking about:

--Make D a part of the family's everyday conversations
--The more you learn about D, the less you have to fear.
--Don't feel guilty, or feel sorry for the boy.
--Set up a 504 plan.
What else could I include????

The next issue, is that the family asked their Dr about the pump, and he told
them "it is not an option."  I do not want to tell them to go against the Dr's
orders, but I want to give them the overwhelmingly good info about the pump
and it's results with children.  Then, hopefully, they can make their own
decision to push the Dr or find another.  Oh, by the way, is there anyone in
the San Antonio area who has a pumping child and a good pro-pump endo??

I hope you will help me with this mission of mine.  It is very important to

Thank You,
pumping since 12/00 in San Antonio!!