Re: [IP] spreadsheet

About 1.5yrs ago I made some charts for my daughter that do
all the calculations for her. They are based on her insulin
sensitivity factor, carb/insulin ratio, and bg/carb ratio,
using a target bg of 120 (at the time.) All she has to do is
add up total grams of carbs for the meal and look at the
chart for that amount and it says how many units to take.
Then there is one for the low bgs, it tells how many grams
of carbs to bring up  a low. And then there is one for high
bg corrections which can be used in conjunction with the
carb/meal coverage chart (if high at meal time.) It would be
nice to have all that already programmed into something but
I can tell you just having the charts has made our lives
MUCH easier. :) I sent the charts along with her camp
registration packet last summer. The camp nurse liked the
idea so much she made similar charts for all the other 19
pumpers. :)

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.2yrs, pumping
2.2yrs, and 7 other blessings
- my dad, a 2002 Olympic Torch bearer!!! :)
~*~Integrity is how you behave when no one is looking~*~

email @ redacted said:
My impression of this was that the lady had created a
spreadsheet that said, for
example, my blood sugar is 250 and for that, at my rate of X
units, I need to
take Y units to bring my BS down to say 100.  I have a big
printed chart that I
got from MiniMed with my pump that shows me this info.  You
could figure it out
mathamatically, but it would be really nice to be able to
plug it into a palm
and have it pop up with the answer.