Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:29:51 -0800
From: maverickmom <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] spreadsheet

Doesn't he mean something that you could program with your
own carb/insulin ratio, bg/carb ratio, and insulin
sensitivity factor so that when you tell it what your bg is
and/or how many carbs you ate, it can calculate the bolus
(or grams of carb needed, if low)?

Carlos said:
I would like to know from whoever knows about it, please:
if something like this spreadsheet is useful to calculate
the amount of insulin, and the lady wants to sell it, what
does she need to do?

Michael said:
I would think it more likely that it would be against the
law for a software engineer to design a program that would advise a
patient to use a particular amount of a drug without a doctors
supervision and approval. That would be practicing medicine without a
liscense - a serious offense.

Michael English said:
Wouldn't a calculator work, not sure why there's a need for a
spreadsheet to calculate amount of insulin need for a particular meal.
Maybe I'm missing something here, luckily my ratio is 1:10,  easy to figure. Just my opinion