Congrats to Gabe for starting pumping! Sounds like things
are going pretty well!

It is typical to see a reduction in the amount of insulin
when pumping vs when on MDI. Usually they'll start you off
at about 25% less, but it just depends.
You need however many basals work best for you. Sorry to
sound so vague but it really is true. :) There isn't a
certain number of basals that work for everyone. My daughter
is currently on 6 basals (well...6 basal time slots varying
from 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 for a total of 30.6u). That's
just what we've found gives her the best control. Other
people may need more or less.When we make changes we only do
.1 at a time but it is .1 X 2-3hrs.
My daughter frequently sleeps through breakfast so I'm lucky
in that dept. I can easily get 12hrs (sometimes more) out of
the way in one sweep (it's the other 12 I have problems
doing.) The good thing is we don't have to do these very
often. It really is helpful in determining if the basals are

For whatever it's worth...

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.2yrs, pumping
2.2yrs, and 7 other blessings
- my dad, a 2002 Olympic Torch bearer!!! :)
~*~Integrity is how you behave when no one is looking~*~