Re: [IP] QUESTIONS? QUESTIONS? QUESTIONS?

Congrats to Gabe for starting pumping! Sounds like things
are going pretty well!

It is typical to see a reduction in the amount of insulin
when pumping vs when on MDI. Usually they'll start you off
at about 25% less, but it just depends.
You need however many basals work best for you. Sorry to
sound so vague but it really is true. :) There isn't a
certain number of basals that work for everyone. My daughter
is currently on 6 basals (well...6 basal time slots varying
from 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 for a total of 30.6u). That's
just what we've found gives her the best control. Other
people may need more or less.When we make changes we only do
.1 at a time but it is .1 X 2-3hrs.
My daughter frequently sleeps through breakfast so I'm lucky
in that dept. I can easily get 12hrs (sometimes more) out of
the way in one sweep (it's the other 12 I have problems
doing.) The good thing is we don't have to do these very
often. It really is helpful in determining if the basals are
correct.

For whatever it's worth...

--
Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.2yrs, pumping
2.2yrs, and 7 other blessings