Re: [IP] Re: Mastisol

In a message dated 2/15/2002 7:32:03 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Is there an applicator available that may help me apply the Mastisol?

We use a Q-tip that we just dip in the bottle, and then wait until the
Mastisol is tacky (sticky but not wet) before inserting. we draw a little
circle first so that's there's no adhesive where the needle is going to go
in, and then expand outward to the shape/size of the tape on our infusion set
(in our case it looks like a target, because we use Quick-sets with round
tape attached to the cannula).  If you fan the Mastisol  with a card or
magazine or whatever is handy, it gets to the "tacky" stage very quickly.
(This helpful hint was orginally given to us by Sylvia, Josh's Mom here on
the IP list.)

You can also get Mastisol in little individual applicator vials which are
very handy, but pricey (I think it was about $100 buck for around 50
applicators vs. about $30 for abottle that will last use well over a year).
We did buy one box of the individual vial applicators and use them for when
we are traveling and don't want to have a bottle of liquid adhesive in our
luggage (even as a carry one!  <g!>).

Pumpmama to Katie