Cindy, mom to 15 y/o pumping Noah, dx at age 9, and,
Micah, age 11
wife to Steve

snip>>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:05:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Amee Lynn Woodard <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] alternate sites for fingersticks

Hi everyone,
I have been wanting to start using my arms, etc for bg checks (to give my
fingers a rest), and I have the Ultra meter, which can take small samples
and says it can be used for other sites, but do I need a vacuum-type
lancing device? I tried once on my arm with my regular lance, and I
couldn't get blood. Does anyone know where I can get a vacuum lancing
device, other than switching meters altogether (i.e. the Freestyle)? I
haven't been able to find one that doesn't come only when you purchase a

Amee Woodard
junior Dietetics major, University of Delaware<<