  From: email @ redacted
  To: email @ redacted
  Cc: email @ redacted
  Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:01 PM
  Subject: Pumping...one word

  Gabe is connected to a MiniMed 508 since 3 p.m. Los Angeles time...he is
using the soft set and inserted the set himself in the hip without any
difficulty.

  His b.g. at one hour post dinner is 100.  They set the basal at .4 from 12
a.m. to 3 a.m. and .5 per hour for the rest of the time.

  He has mastered all the buttons; I am still overwhelmed but have an extra
loaner pump to practice on.

  I have one word for the pump        WOW!

  It cannot be as good as it seems.

  PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO PUT THE PUMP WHEN HE SLEEPS.  RIGHT NOW IT IS IN HIS
FRONT POCKET?

  Thanks
   Marion
  and Gabe