[IP] advice from runners?

Hi All,

I would very much appreciate some advice for keeping my bg in a good
range while running.  I started running about 4 months ago, and have
tried lowering my basal (resulted in highs later) and eating first.
The most effective approach seems to be to avoid having any boluses
still acting and eat a well balanced snack (20 g carb plus protein
and fat) w/o bolusing before I start.  But this takes some pre-
planning and means I'm running with food in my tummy, which is not
always fun, and I'm still ending up 40-80 by the time I cool down.  I
run 3-4 times per week, and go 2-3 miles.

Any tips?

Thanks very much,