[IP] re: claritin caution

In a message dated 2/13/2002 10:41:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My 11 yr old son was just prescribed once a day claritin for allergies.  One
> web page stated it, "should be used with caution with people with diabetes
> mellitus". Also states that its effectiveness and safety have not been
> established in children under 12.  Anyone use it and how does it affect
> blood sugar?  PS.  We tried the nasal sprays with poor results.

Hi Kathy,
  Ashley used it this past year.  She is 10.  We didn't have any problem with
it effecting her blood sugar.  But, we found that it really didn't help her
allergies either.  We found that zyrtec was much more effective.

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping