Re: [IP] claritin caution?

My D daughter used Claritin for several years.  We saw no changes in
numbers or anything else except it eased her allergies somewhat.  The
ped wanted her switched to Allegra as soon as she was old enough or
heavy enough, though.  It seemed to lose effectiveness and she was
switched about a year ago.  I asked my endo several years ago about the
warnings (since they are on every medicine, OTC or Rx) and he said SOME
diabetics with SOME complications should not take SOME drugs.  He
encouraged me to keep him updated on ALL meds and he'd watch for
interactions.  I call his office with any questions.  Any time I worry
that I might be bothersome, I just take out the latest invoice for an
office visit.  I consider him to be on "retainer"for such questions!
Also, if possible, we try to add new meds at optimum times:  stable
bgs, while not changing other things, etc.

Do You Yahoo!?